Clan New Level
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Legends Clan New Level

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Swain - The Master Tactician

Go down 
+5
Booshido
Parody
Cane
Sallah
Ernil
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ernil
Admin
Ernil

Swain - The Master Tactician Empty
PostSubject: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Swain - The Master Tactician Swain
Swain - The Master Tactician Swaindemon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lore:

The earliest account of Swain's existence comes from a Noxian infirmary doctor's notes. According to them, Swain limped into the ward without cry or complaint; his right leg was snapped in half, with bone protruding from the skin. A small, scowling bird seemed affixed to his shoulder. The doctor gawked in horror as the young adolescent answered questions about his health and age with a calm, even stare. Even behind the echoing crack as the sand counterweights reset his tibia, Swain's measuring gaze never flickered, nor did his eyes twitch from the pop of his fibula. He refused the doctor's recommendation of magical treatment for the leg's inoperable damage, requesting only a spare crutch before shuffling away. He next surfaced in documents from the Noxian military, although it is evident that they are incomplete. Normally a crippled boy would be turned away in shame from Noxus' proud legion, but the records indicate his first designation was that of a ranking officer.
The men who've served under him (and survived) have remained in his charge with unshakable faith and loyalty. He leapt through the High Command's hierarchy, often ascending when superiors requested demotions to join his unit. A cunning strategist, Swain was decorated after every battle he fought, regularly hobbling in contemplation at the front of the assault. His rise to power seemed unceasing until he was suddenly relegated to inactive status prior to the Ionian Invasion - a bewildering decision which reeked of bureaucratic subversion. If Swain was upset by the events which unfolded, he never belied it. HIs face was so implacable that it was popularly rumored to be a mask, disguising something utterly inhuman beneath. More controversy surrounded the bird that never left his shoulder, whose name he whispered only to it. When Demacia escalated its presence in the League, Swain was immediately returned to active duty.

''If you haven't yet lost the ability to ask, you may not yet ask for relief.''-Swain

Tips:

* Ravenous Flock has an increasing mana cost to maintain the spell. If you have low life, try waiting until Swain has transformed back into a human.

* Swain can easily disable a single attacker. Coordinate with your allies when ganking him.

* Damage dealt at the start of Torment has a larger effect on the potency of the spell. It's better to use defensive shields when the spell is first applied than wait to block the higher damage values later.

* If you're having trouble rooting an enemy with Nevermove, try using Decrepify to slow them down first.

* Damage dealt at the start of Torment has a larger effect on the potency of the spell. Landing Nevermove after applying Torment is a strong way to start increasing Torment's strength.

* Mana regen items are important for maximizing Carrion Renewal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abilities:

* CarrionRenewal-passive
Swain gains 150% increased mana regeneration for 5 seconds upon killing a unit.

* Decrepify
Swain sets his raven to cripple an enemy. Over the next three seconds, the target takes damage over time and is slowed

* Nevermove
Swain marks a target area. After a short delay, mighty talons grab hold of enemy units dealing damage and rooting them.

* Ravenous Flock
Swain inspires dread in his enemies by temporarily taking the form of a raven. During this time ravens strike out at up to 3 nearby enemies. Each raven deals damage and heals Swain for the same amount.

* Torment
Swain afflicts his target, dealing damage over time. Each tick deals additional damage based on a percent of all damage taken from Swain during Torment (this includes the spell's periodic damage).
Back to top Go down
Sallah

Sallah

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:10 pm

He looks awesome.

GIEF Spell Vamp.

Bit cheap that they just copy past abilities and rename though:

Nasus Slow
Cho'Gath Rupture
Multi-target Vlad Q

Ult looks fun though Smile
Back to top Go down
Cane

Cane

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Hmm, he looks like a fun champion. and finally more noxian love
Back to top Go down
Parody

Parody

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Copypaste the tooltip pictures to make the post look prettier.

Overall if he's decent I might main him. It depends on his voice.
Back to top Go down
Booshido

Booshido

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:20 pm

O my main?, ye hes cool
Back to top Go down
Sallah

Sallah

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:53 am

Booshido wrote:
O my main?, ye hes cool

Don't start this again. Freaking Ernil and Sona all over again...
Back to top Go down
Shaftz

Shaftz

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:46 am

/wrists
Back to top Go down
Achilles

Achilles

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:27 pm

He has a slow for his Q and a root for his W. I could see him being as useful as Morgana type support. Agree?
Back to top Go down
Sallah

Sallah

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Achilles wrote:
He has a slow for his Q and a root for his W. I could see him being as useful as Morgana type support. Agree?

Think he will probably be focussed on doing raw dps is the way I understand it.

The utility is of course nice though.
Back to top Go down
Achilles

Achilles

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:51 pm

So more of a Fiddlesticks? yes he has a fear and a silence is he mainly used for CROW storm.....self revelation there, I get it now. Birds are fucking scary and there for we need 2 characters to convey this!
Back to top Go down
OLI HC

OLI HC

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm

the thing is everytime a new champion is released it always outclasses any champion of the kind

E.G. sona outclasses janna in general, swain will probably be better than morgana since his snare doesnt fire in a line and his healing will surely be superior, xin zhao outclasses pretty much any melee DPS, miss fortune outclasses most ranged DPS, akali outclasses every hybrid, shen made me ask myself why would i play any other tank when he was released, id pick galio over nunu any day, etc.

urgot and malzahar are the two weaklings but w/e

Back to top Go down
Achilles

Achilles

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:09 pm

I agree that the more champs they come out with of a certain type the harder it will be to keep them all balanced I have faith that riot will do the best they can to make all champions viable in sme sense of the word keep each one to have there own unidue nitch.
Back to top Go down
Sallah

Sallah

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:22 am

OLI HC wrote:
the thing is everytime a new champion is released it always outclasses any champion of the kind

E.G. sona outclasses janna in general, swain will probably be better than morgana since his snare doesnt fire in a line and his healing will surely be superior, xin zhao outclasses pretty much any melee DPS, miss fortune outclasses most ranged DPS, akali outclasses every hybrid, shen made me ask myself why would i play any other tank when he was released, id pick galio over nunu any day, etc.

urgot and malzahar are the two weaklings but w/e

I think this is all wrong. Riot is doing a good job of releasing quite balanced champions at the moment.

Janna >= Sona
Xin < Udry...
MF vs Trist is pretty close...
Akali just doesn't outdo kayle in any way.
Shen is nice but not overbalanced.

You forget they released...

Galio as a tank.
Vlad as AP dps. Compare to Annie/Morg...

Kog is the one they got wrong. Simply because of range.
Back to top Go down
Achilles

Achilles

PostSubject: New Skins   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Swain - The Master Tactician Swain_10

Swain - The Master Tactician Swain_12
Quote :

I like them both at least there not recolors.
Back to top Go down
n00bd0wn

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i19hj3LVP7A&feature=player_embedded

Champion Spotlight right there. I can see some crazy stuff going on with his E ability. Damage that does more damage based on the damage he's already dealt? It even stacks with itself! Not crying OP yet but, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swain - The Master Tactician   Swain - The Master Tactician Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swain - The Master Tactician
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan New Level :: General :: Champion Discussion-
Jump to: