Clan New Level
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Legends Clan New Level

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Part of a Whole

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Achilles

Achilles

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 pm

So you maybe wondering the point of this thread? Well its to clarify some misunderstanding in the clans labeling of recruits and what it truly means to be a part of a whole. As a recruit I have been slammed by members talking about how recruits are no part of the clan and I have been suppressed by other recruits complaints about there position in the clan. What I am going to be talking about here is the label of recruit and what the status really means and how it is being misconceived as a bad thing or lesser thing then others. People whining and complaining about membership status is unnecessary and should stop. Members bad mouthing lower status people should stop, recruit looks up to members. So any new people interested in this clan can read this and get a heads up on the bigger picture.

First of all let me start of by defining the word RECRUIT.

recruit
noun
1: a recently enlisted soldier
2: any new member or supporter (as in the armed forces) [syn: enlistee]

verb
1: register formally as a participant or member; "The party recruited many new members" [syn: enroll, inscribe, enter, enrol]
2: seek to employ; "The lab director recruited an able crew of assistants"
3: cause to assemble or enlist in the military; "raise an army"; "recruit new soldiers" [syn: levy, raise]

Most common usage being a recently enlisted soldier. Does this fit for clan NL? Sure it does, we are virtual soldiers that fight on a virtual battlefields the trick being, that it is a war that requires 90%mental and 10%physical to achieve great feats of victory versus actual combat which the percentages are different, but the jest is the same.
Now lets look at some other ways you can define recruit to see if it better fits. Register formally as a participant or member. This is the definition I was looking for, it has the correct intent of the word. Register formally is the key to it, see to be totally fair to everyone all you have to do to become a recruit is fill out an application and join the vent server and start playing games with other member, recruits, and admins. Seems simple enough right? Well things are more easily said then done. Let me explain why this process is in place.

Step 1: Fill out application-Until the application is filled out you are not a recruit. Why would we want someone with us who cant even fill out a simple questionnaire? If you cant fill that out you probably wont take the time to visit the forums and participate in other clan activities so if you don't do that you don't make it past the door. Common mistakes: Dont fill it out

Step 2: Join Vent- So we wanna hear you(or not) we want to interact with you(or not) the only way for us to know is if you join the vent and start making friends. Cant do this? Well we don't want you and your not gonna make it very far. Common mistakes: Think you own the place,run your mouth,complain, say nothing, never ask for invites, be an ass, be a suck up

Step 3: Play some games- So you have made it this far? Your in! Your a recruit Time to play but your not only playing, your communicating, your interacting as a team, your showing your knowledge of the game, or of the specific character your playing. If you aren't doing these things and you have no knowledge well that's OK too you might hear about it, but hopefully our clan will help you just don't be afraid to ask. Common mistakes: Always play best or OP champs, No team work, No call outs, Blame others, Think one bad game means you need explain every mistake

Didn't make any mistakes? After all this and your still a recruit? Why you say? You have been playing in tons of matches, some good some bad. You have been trying really hard to impress people with your attitude and your skill, but it seems no one is noticing. You could always try to complain to an admin? Which is the most common attitude but you should not if you read this first.
What you should do is SHUT UP, to put it nicely and I am going to tell you why. Being a recruit is not a bad thing or a thing that is looked down upon. To put it best I will give you my best analogy.
Clan NL is like a hand crafted quilt. Recruits being the pieces of fabric that make up the entire thing, members being the string or yarn that hold the pieces together, and admins being the decision makers of where the pieces go and how they will be sewn together to look the best. For all of you who do not own a hand crafted quilt let me tell you. The best ones are made of hundreds of pieces of fabric, the more pieces the heavier, the heavier the more effective it is at keeping you warm.

So by using this analogy I hope everyone who reads this has a better perspective,understanding, and pride in being a recruit.
Thanks
Achilles
Back to top Go down
JerichoB

JerichoB

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:43 pm

well put achilles
Back to top Go down
Seph

Seph

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:21 pm

There is a little disconnect here. The whole point of being a recruit is to try you out to see if you are good enough to be a member. I understand where you are coming from but you must have missed the idea of recruit. The only reason you are labeled a recruit is because you are in the process of being recruited.

On another note though, I do disagree with how some people treat the recruits and I have voiced my opinion of that matter both in vent and on this form. At this moment some members treat the recruits as if they are plagued and it promotes a negative atmosphere. Being a recruit has nothing to do with your skill level.
Back to top Go down
Cane

Cane

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 pm

I thought that you had to go through the first test 1v1 to be classified as a recruit, and going through that, the test would technically make you a lesser part of the clan. Then to be rightfully noticed in the clan you have to go through more "training" of a sort, so that the leaders could rightfully see to it whether or not you truly belong in this clan or wether they should just drop you then and there.

Not sure if this is exactly accurate, but it's what I got out of it when I was doing my test.
Back to top Go down
Seph

Seph

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Yes that is exactly how it is. You are part of the clan but more like a trial account with limited permissions Razz
Back to top Go down
Cane

Cane

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 am

Oh, I guess I just misunderstood what you said before. I thought you were trying to say that after you pass the 1v1 test you were just put aside (not in the clan) to decide whether or not the person would later me accepted into the clan. Whereas being a recruit you're technically in the clan, but just limited permissions like you said.
Back to top Go down
Ernil
Admin
Ernil

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:02 am

To clarify things:

A recruit is a part of the clan - the only difference between a recruit and a member is that a member has already proven themself to us and will be trusted, where as a recruit still has to do that. Also a little bit access difference on the forums - tis all.
Back to top Go down
Achilles

Achilles

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:57 pm

So there should be another denomination then? Someone who just fills out an APP and joins the Vent should have (APPLICANT) or (APP) behind there name when in the vent server to clarify who is who. Alot of new people are joining and even I am confused about who is who. Anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
JerichoB

JerichoB

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 pm

i agree that there should be a diffrent tag they should wear but if you really wanted to figure out who had passed the trial, just check the list on the forums, they update it all the damn time :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Part of a Whole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of a Whole   Part of a Whole Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Part of a Whole
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan New Level :: Recruit Section :: Recruit Issues Q/A-
Jump to: